If you currently have an HVAC system installed in your home, then you know great it is to have a properly functioning heating and air conditioning system that does its job at cooling you off in the summer and warming you up in the winter. However, HVAC systems require proper upkeep and maintenance, so we’ll be discussing the best ways to make your HVAC system as energy efficient as possible in an effort to save you money! So, what are these tips? Let’s get right into it.
How to make your HVAC system as energy efficient as possible
- Be sure that the insulation of your home is enough to keep the cold air (or warm air) in and the outside air out
- Use duct sealing to avoid duct leakage
- Use controls and thermostats that can be programmed to your liking
- Keep an eye on your thermostat
- Keep your HVAC system free from dust, dirt, and debris
- Using blinds and/or curtains in the warmer months can also help insulate your space
- Change your HVAC system’s air filters and clean the drain line frequently
- Have maintenance done regularly to ensure all the working pieces are still functioning properly (ensure correct duct sizing)
- Be sure to have your HVAC system placed in a cool area
If you have any more questions, please contact us!